Monday, December 28, 2009

live my faith – a privilege and a responsibility

A couple of weeks ago, my sweetie narrated the Christmas Presentation at our church. I listened to him recite his narration quite a few times. Each time, there were two words that caught my attention. I thought about how powerful and how significant these words are.

The words are ‘privilege’ and ‘responsibility’.

As Christians, it’s our privilege and honor and pleasure and joy and desire to love God, to serve God, to worship God, to glorify God, to praise God, to trust God, to respect God, to believe in God, to live for God, to be faithful to God. It’s our privilege to exalt the Holy name of God, to be thankful servants, and pray directly to our Lord and Savior.

Along with privilege, comes responsibility. As Christians, we are to eagerly study God’s Word, and follow His will for our lives. It’s our responsibility to share God’s gospel and love and hope and forgiveness and grace and mercy and peace. God gave each of us blessings and abilities, and it’s our duty to use our time and our talents to serve Him. It’s our obligation to willingly devote and commit ourselves to Him. Our lives are to be witnesses for God.

It seems I often read and study the Word of God and listen to His teachings thru His church, and stop there. And, that’s just wrong. I must go beyond the reading and the studying and the listening, to the point of passionately living my faith.


I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the LORD: the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:1-3 NAS

No comments: