Friday, December 4, 2009

lie (part 2)




In lie (part 1), I admitted that I (verbally) lied.

What is a lie?

It’s deliberately and intentionally and knowingly saying something that isn’t true. It’s consciously deceiving by a false expression or by a false impression. A lie can be spoken, a lie can be an action, a lie can be so many things, and a lie can be said or done in many ways.

As a Christian, when my actions or my thoughts or my words are against the teachings of Jesus, I consider these things are lies.

I pray that I will do and pray that I will say and pray that I will be honest and that I will be stronger and that I will strive to live in accordance with God’s will for my life.

In lie (part 1), I had an opportunity to be kind, to meet a need, to share Jesus. How many opportunities have I let slip away???

And again, the Bible is full of verses regarding compassion, and caring, and loving, and sharing, and hope. And again, I need to study the Bible and live what I have learned.

*For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
Matthew 25:35-36 NIV

*Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38 NIV

*But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 6:3-4

*Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8 NIV

*He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 19:17 NIV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a lot to think about again.
mw

Loved Ever said...

thanks for expressing ur views on lie.
Work From Home India