Thursday, March 19, 2009

let's talk about it

"Come, let us discuss this,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they will be as white as snow;
though they are as red as crimson,
they will be like wool.

Isaiah 1:18 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

God says "let us discuss this". I've accepted Jesus as my personal Savior, I've been saved by grace, I've been forgiven, I've been given the promise of eternal life.

So yes, I have discussions with God. How? When I pray, or when I’m reading the Bible, or when I hear a song, or when I listen to a sermon, or when I’m contemplating life, or when I’m studying devotions, or when...

When I talk to God, I use basic, everyday words. Generally, I talk to Him in my thoughts. Frequently, especially when I’m alone, I talk aloud to Him. Either way, it’s just God and me. I rarely close my eyes during my daily conversation. I talk to Him just as I talk to a friend.

No comments: