Sunday, September 14, 2008

showers of blessings

A month since my last post? Where have I been? Somewhere between here and there. But where?

a few highlights…

the “kids” (son, wife, and the little lady) came for an overnight visit (I wonder if the “kids” mind that nickname?)

I had a blood cholesterol test

someone stole the catalytic converter from hubby’s truck
it took only 3 minutes
the idiots were on candid camera
the license plate smiled

I desperately wanted to go to my sis’s (a couple hours away), but we were down to one vehicle

the kids graciously invited me to their home
it was a nice, relaxing visit
I enjoyed playing with and tending to the little lady while her mama hopefully got some rest
my precious grandchild colored me a pretty birthday picture (it’s on the fridge)
we all went to my sis’s to see my family, especially a nephew, his wife, and son (before they moved away to Kansas)
the evening coincided with my birthday (I'm not sure which one, but who's counting)

I called my doc and he put me on Zetia for my high cholesterol

hubby came to get me the next evening, we went out for dinner with the little lady and her mama (dada had a class)

on our way home, hubby gave me a pretty box with a nice bow
the pretty box with the nice bow had a lovely pair of earrings (he has a knack for picking out jewelry)
as it turned out, the stunning gift was a timely gift especially since my jewelry consisted of three pairs of earrings (counting the new ones), one necklace, one bracelet, and the three rings on my fingers

when we got home, we were greeted by our lonely kitty who tried to tell us something, but we couldn’t tell exactly what (when she’s upset it’s difficult to understand her)

we put some things on the kitchen table, and hubby went back outside for the rest of my stuff
I looked to see if we had any phone messages, grabbed the phone, noticed something was very different, and ran back outside

then I knew what my lonely kitty had said
I was upset, I was crying, I was in shock, I was frightened, I was infuriated, I was traumatized, I was scared, I was distressed, I was …well, you get the picture
I dialed 911 somewhere between frightened and infuriated
someone had broken into our home… by forcible entry…we had been burglarized…
where the pc had once rested, was dust (lots of dust)
the dresser had a dust free rectangle
one stolen item became the transporter for other stolen items (there was a pile of dirty clothes where the hamper had been)

the things that were taken were things, only just things

hubby ordered us a new pc

the kids came for an overnight visit (I always treasure our time together)

hubby set up our new pc

for the rest of that week, I was on the phone for approximately 12 hours (I'm not exaggerating)
this mess has caused a lot of hard work
I had no inkling just how much of a mess
it’s overwhelming work with police reports, forms for the insurance, the bank stuff, credit bureaus …ugh…

none of this matters, it isn’t even important

I have blessings in abundance, I have blessings I’m not aware of, I have blessings I don’t deserve, I have blessings, blessings, blessings…

God is the giver of blessings

don’t forget the blessings, don’t ever forget the blessings…

2 comments:

theStovers said...

Glad to see you are back. I am still ticked off about the theft...but you are right, they are just things. I love you mom.

momofthreegirls said...

You're back, Yippee Skippee!!! Sorry about all that bad stuff, but God is good and you and Mark are ok.