Friday, September 26, 2008

it smacked me upside the heart

A few days ago, I looked thru some poems, articles, quotes, short stories, and the like. Over the years, my collection has multiplied several times over. I’ve glanced over these items before, pausing to read some, while others I passed over. Well, a few days ago, I was just looking for a little inspiration. I’ve done this in the past, hoping something I saw would pop a good idea in my head.

Back to the inspiration, I wanted something new – some fresh ideas, or different viewpoints, or unusual topics, or difficult questions, or profound thoughts, or unpopular opinions, or descriptive explanations, or unique situations, or important issues, or unlimited possibilities, or specific illustrations, or special considerations, or creative approaches, or significant concerns, or insightful writings, or expressive analogies, or remarkable discoveries, or observant comparisons, or interesting connections, or gracious measures, or clear definitions, or simple applications, or brilliant observations, or compassionate actions, or thoughtful traditions, or admirable principles, or distinctive outlooks, or enthralling discussions, or, or, or, or, or. Or, or, or……anything!

Whew (catching my breath)! I only wanted something, something I could expand on. Something that inspired me. Hmmmm. You could say I found that, that and much, much more.

Yep, I asked for it. I sure did. I really, really did. I found it right there where it was, right there where it had been along. It screamed for my attention. And I gave it my attention. I sure did. I really, really did.

Well, it smacked me upside the heart! How many times have I asked God for…well…something?

(tbc next post)

No comments: