Friday, March 14, 2008

faith is trust, belief, dependence upon

Faith lives, breathes, walks and sustains us every single moment of our lives.

This past Christmas, I received a mustard seed pin. The tiny seed is magnified by the ball of glass it’s encased in. It’s a reminder to have faith, in spite of anything. The size of a mustard seed is very, very tiny, yet it can produce a big and strong tree.

Just a little faith goes a long way, because our God is an awesome God! I believe in Him and must never be concerned about what I can or can’t do. In my heart, I know God would never ask more of me than I can do. If I’m willing to do His will, He’ll provide the way!

It's easy to have faith when life is great. When troubles come, that's when my faith is tested. The thing about faith is that all I need will be provided, it is provided, when and how the time is right. Faith is something that takes me not only through the easy times in life, but also through the darkest and lowest points that life brings. It's believing and trusting and knowing that I will be taken care of, that my needs will be fulfilled. It’s wholeheartedly trusting in God.

I’ve found that the stronger my faith becomes, the more I rely on God. That’s a very good place to be.

He said therefore, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his garden; and it grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air made nests in its branches."
Luke 13:18-19 (NIV)

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."
~Martin Luther King Jr

"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."
~Oswald Chambers

“God our Father has made all things depend on faith so that whoever has faith will have everything, and whoever does not have faith will have nothing.”
~Martin Luther

No comments: