Wednesday, March 19, 2008

and He will heal

One thing that never changes...
...is the way our Lord takes care of us.
We know that He is as close to you as ever--
and we're praying that His love will be
a real comfort to you now.


This is from one of my favorite “thinking of you” cards. My hope is that it will somehow touch those who are suffering.

My sister has spent the last 11 days in the hospital. She’s in a good place – UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. The doctors there are amazingly thorough. My prayer is that she would soon be well enough to go home. The current plan is that she will have a home nurse for about a month, and will continue to receive medication through a port.

Once again, God is in control. Sometimes it seems very difficult to completely trust when someone you love is suffering. I know in my heart that she’s in the hand of God, and I know His will shall be done. May His love comfort us all.


To my sissy:

For happy times shared thru the years,
for the love, the laughter, and the tears.
For the special things only you can do,
for all these things, I thank you.
Time and space may separate us,
but heartstrings know no end.
I'm proud to call you sister,
happier still to call you friend.
Even though we may not be able
to see each other as often as we'd like.
Just knowing I have you for a sister
makes my world a brighter place.

My soul, praise the LORD,
and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
My soul, praise the LORD,
and do not forget all His benefits.
He forgives all your sin;
He heals all your diseases.
He redeems your life from the Pit;
He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.
He satisfies you with goodness;
your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Psalm 103:1-5 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all still praying for her!