Friday, February 22, 2008

a jumbled post - what would you expect at 1:30 am?

I recently received a sale booklet from LifeWay Christian store. A particular item caught my eye – “Save $25, while supplies last”. I wanted to take advantage of the sale, so I stopped by there this morning and bought a hardback copy of The Holman Christian Standard Bible - “The Holman Illustrated Study Bible, Holman CSB”. I normally don’t care for hardback Bibles, but I really like this one. I’ve only flipped thru it a couple of times, and I’m excited to begin a new version, a new adventure, and a new journey.
http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/

Did you know that the serving size for Fig Newtons is 2 cookies, at 110 calories? The package weight is 1 pound.

Now, Strawberry Newtons have the same serving size of 2 cookies, but have 100 calories. The package weight is 12 ounces.

Okay. The Strawberry is 10 calories less than the Fig. The Strawberry package weight is 4 ounces less than the Fig. Is something wrong here? Or, am I somewhat confused?

Or, are my thoughts totally random?

A parting thought - "The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter—’tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning." - Mark Twain

One more thing, did you know the serving size of Lifesavers Jelly Beans is 32 pieces? And, 32 pieces are 150 calories. Do I have to count them? Will Mark find out if I don’t count 32 pieces? I’d rather grab a handful.

No comments: