Thursday, January 24, 2008

in the midst of life

(Okay. So I had a little fun with my last post. He rather deserved it!)

Lately, I’ve been thinking about life. Actually, my life. I came across this old quote and it made me stop and question just how I am living my life for God: “Our life is a gift from God; what we do with that life is our gift to God”. Am I doing all I’m expected to do, all that I’m supposed to do? Have I loved enough, shared enough, helped enough, learned enough, cared enough, understood enough, laughed enough, accomplished enough, given enough, listened enough, worked enough, or trusted enough? No, I can never do enough, there is always more.

How better can I live my life for God? What should I be doing differently? What purpose does God have in mind for me? When I became a Christian, God changed me. He continually prepares me to do His good works. He also prepares the good works for me to do. (Disclaimer: I earn nothing by doing these good works. I do good works because God is in me.) There is always more that I can do with my life, my gift, for God.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 (NAS)

No comments: