Sunday, December 2, 2007

my friend


A friend loves at all times,
Pr 17:17 NIV

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Ps 95:1 NIV

I have a very dear friend. She unselfishly gives of her time and talents to help anyone who has a need. She has begged me more than once to let her clean my house. I think she was hurt when I said no to her offer to help paint the living room. It took me about two months to get it done by myself. I enjoy our visits, conversations over lunch, and email discussions. We talk about anything and everything. She is a true friend.

My friend is very active at church, often taking on more than she should (in my opinion). She fixes bulletin boards for the youth, teaches a group of children on Sunday nights, painted a wall mural in the new children’s wing, made props for Vacation Bible School, leads service projects in the Women on Missions group, and so much more. Once, she round up a few people to help with an emergency situation - there was a mother and daughter that desperately needed rescuing from an atrociously abusive home. She is an amazing woman.

My friend usually takes care of herself and tries not to get too overwhelmed. She has to vigilantly make certain her meds are working correctly and be carefully attuned to her mood. My friend is bi-polar. She lives with this challenging disease without having pity parties. I admire the manner in which she daily handles this lifetime illness.

My friend joyfully serves our Lord. She is always willing to lend a hand. She gladly cares for others. She has a happy smile. She loves as Jesus loves. She talks about our Lord. She is thankful for her salvation.

I am blessed to know my friend.

No comments: