Tuesday, December 11, 2007

born to die

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 NIV


The performances of our church’s Christmas program were held Saturday and Sunday evenings. It was entitled “Jesus, You are Him”. The music was harmonious, the drama convincing, and the narration eloquent. The life of Jesus was portrayed from the cradle to the cross – illustrating how He was born to die. The program encouraged one to contemplate the poignant expressions of God’s unconditional love.

God’s little baby boy, so precious and pure, was born upon this earth to die upon this earth. The life of Jesus: He was born, He grew, He learned, He taught, He saved, He died, He rose, He lives. Jesus was killed by mankind, yet Jesus died for mankind. Jesus covers the sins of everyone - from the past, from the present, and from the future.

As I said before, the narration was eloquent. The words were sincerely spoken with expression and meaning. Mark becomes better with each passing year! He has been led to use his talents for the Lord, and he does a wonderful job. I’m proud of him!

Sunday morning, Mark and I finally had the opportunity to visit Sheila’s and Andrew’s church. The service was excellent and the people very friendly. The most wonderful thing happened to me at Westwood Baptist! A lady said to me, “I don’t believe I’ve met you. My name is (I don’t remember).” I said, “I’m Liz (Something), it’s nice to meet you.” She said, “Oh, you must be Andrew’s sister.” I said, “Oh, thank you so very much! I’m his mother!” Did you catch what you just read? She thought I was his SISTER! My heart jumped with joy, until a nearby mirror revealed the lines around my eyes, and around my....never mind. His SISTER! She said his SISTER! SISTER! SISTER! Ok, I'll calm down.

We had a delicious lunch prepared by some friends from the church. It was nice getting to know so many wonderful people from Westwood. After finishing the meal with a delectable piece of lemon pie, we had to leave and head home. Mark had a little bit of time to relax before the Christmas program.

No comments: