Wednesday, September 12, 2007

valle crucis


This past weekend, I was in my favorite place - the mountains. I positively love the Boone, NC area, and treasure every moment spent there. The cabin was in Valle Crucis, meaning “The Vale of the Cross”. This community is reached by way of winding, curvy mountain roads. The cabin was spectacular and had breathtaking views. There were several relaxing porches complete with swings, rockers, and a hammock. Immediately below the back yard, the crystal clear Watauga River leisurely flowed by. The weather was just right, the warm sunshine brilliant, and the mountain breezes gentle. The beauty of this place reverberates the majesty of God’s creation.

Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;
Psalms 98:8 NIV


The family had an enjoyable time together in Valle Crucis. We went grocery shopping, grilled burgers, went to church, took naps, and had ice cream at The Marble Slab. We'll have to make The Marble Slab a tradition!

Grammy, Poppy, and I got to sit with Olivia while her parents ventured into Boone. Olivia is such an incredible little girl. At about two and a half months, she smiles, she laughs, and she “talks”. When I see her peacefully sleeping, hold her in my arms, or watch her play during tummy-time, it makes me very grateful for the honor of being her Nana.

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
Author: Carl Sandburg



My Grandchild's Hand
The promise of tomorrow
and the hope of dreams come true...
a reminder of the childhood
that's still a part of you...
The wonder of a miracle
from which this love began...
there is so much found in the touch
of holding a grandchild's hand.
Author: Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip and Olivia looks sooooo happy.
I know she enjoyed time with Nana.
I enjoyed our talk today too... (9/14)