Tuesday, September 18, 2007

o


I'm looking at a miracle,
God sent to bring us pleasure;
Another chapter in life's book,
Bringing joy beyond all measure.
There's nothing like a grandchild,
Especially a little girl;
She wraps your heart with heartstrings,
And captivates your world.
She dances into your very soul,
All ruffles, dollies and lace;
You melt into a puddle,
With one look from that little face.
She wraps you 'round her finger,
And plays with you like a toy;
But that's the reason God gave her,
To bring her Grandparents joy.
This heritage of our heritage,
This blessing all giggles and fun;
Was sent by God as a special gift,
Our precious little one.

Author: Allison Chambers Coxsey

I love that little girl...

3 comments:

momofthreegirls said...

That little girl is such a wonderful blessing.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I thought that was so sweet... like I keep telling you you need to write poems(I still say that too) and I scrolled down and saw the name of the person that wrote it....love always your biggest fan!

Tom Burger said...

Beautifully written. Captures everything I'm feeling about our little baby angel, Olivia Stover.