Wednesday, August 22, 2007

singing in the rain

(Photo: Showers of Blessings)

It has been awfully hot and dry around these parts. The garden is wilted by mid-day. Since the lakes are very low, water should be limited to necessary uses. It has been an unusually hot and dry summer, with several weather records broken.

Two evenings ago, our local news carried a story about a church in Shelby NC. The congregation had gathered together to pray for rain. The faith of answered prayer was evident when umbrellas were handed out. Yesterday brought rain not only to Cleveland County NC, but to much of a thirsty NC.

Prayer is asking for rain and faith is carrying an umbrella.
-Barbara Johnson

I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.
-Ezekiel 34:26 (NIV)

When I close my eyes…
I can imagine relaxing on a cozy warm rock
in the middle of a gentle flowing stream,
with chirping music of birds on the breeze
and the crisp smell of autumn in the air,
from a blue cloudless sky far above
peacefully in the beams of an afternoon sun.

(Photo: Watuaga River, Boone NC)

No comments: