Friday, August 24, 2007

becoming a grandmother - a life transition

The smile that melts my heart


I absolutely adore being Olivia’s grandmother! Each visit with her is especially precious. How wonderful a blessing she is to my life! When looking at her newborn portraits (we just had to buy four different poses) I am amazed just how quickly she is growing.

Becoming a grandmother has created a new responsibility for me. I pray that I will always be mindful of this and do my very best (with God’s guidance) not to ever disappoint Olivia. I want her to always know how immensely I love her. And yes, this "grandmother's love" is a new kind of love that has filled my heart - so very dear and precious.

As her Nana, I look forward to making lots of unforgettable memories with Olivia -

relaxing in a rocking chair
going for a walk hand in hand
enjoying rice krispie treats
listening to the chirping of baby birds
reading a favorite story over and over
baking chocolate chip cookies
singing favorite children's songs
settling down for a little nap
telling her all about Noah’s ark
playing with Daddy’s old teddy bear
looking for beautiful yellow butterflies

I could go on and on and on...

When a child is born, so is a grandmother.
-Unknown

There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit - and to carry on your resolve to make the world a better place.
-Unknown

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

I love being Olivia's grandmother too. She is a special gift from God.