Saturday, June 6, 2015

one beautiful morning (reprise)

I sit here on my bench, soaking in the dappling sun as it peeks thru the shade of a tree.  There’s a soft breeze, gently kissing my cheeks, carrying the fragrance of flowers swirling all around me.  I hear the bubbling water on the pond, a buzzing bee flying by, the music of the wind chime, the chirping of baby birds.  I open my eyes and see a beautiful butterfly resting on a colorful bloom, a mother sparrow poking a worm into her nest, the glint of goldfish as they swim back and forth, a tiny crape myrtle bloom floating by, a limitless deep blue sky holding white fluffy clouds.  


 I am astounded by the sheer beauty of God’s creation.  I close my eyes and thank God for my life, for His grace, for His salvation.  There are no words to express the immense love I feel.  God is so good. 

“Nature never taught me that there exists a God of glory and of infinite majesty. I had to learn that in other ways. But nature gave the word glory a meaning for me. I still do not know where else I could have found one.”
~C.S. Lewis

No comments: