Monday, July 21, 2014

unfailing love...

While reading the verses below, once again, I pondered the facts of how greatly and how completely and how deeply my God loves me.  I know my human mind can never understand the whys and the reasons of my Creator.  Just to know He loves me, He lives within me, He guides me, He forgives me, and He blesses me...just to know these things fills my heart and soul with overflowing love.

Looking back over the last few years, I am amazed at what God has done for me and how He has blessed me and how He has strengthened me and how He has comforted me.  It doesn’t matter what I do or what I don’t do, I will never deserve anything from God.  It’s just an impossible thing.  It humbling that He cares for me, one of 7 billion people living on His earth.

Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight.
For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.
Psalm 36:5-9 NLT



*(The paraphrase of the verses from ‘The Message’ is worth a read:
God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic.
Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.
How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings,
To eat our fill at the banquet you spread as you fill our tankards with Eden spring water.
You're a fountain of cascading light, and you open our eyes to light.
Psalm 36:5-11 The Message)

No comments: