Saturday, September 21, 2013

seek and seek again



Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:6 NLT

I’ve always liked this verse.  I often think of it when I see an old path or an old dirt road.  (Maybe it’s one reason I take so many pictures of old paths and old dirt roads and old barns and old homes and old fences and old cabins and old wooden bridges and old water mills and old clapboard churches...oops, I took a detour... back to my post.)

Seek His will in all you do,

God wants us to believe in Him, follow and obey Him, and accept His gifts of salvation, mercy, and grace.  God wants us to love, to trust, to serve, to worship, to pray, and to praise Him. God gave each of us hearts to love and to care, ears to hear and to listen, mouths to speak and to tell, feet to walk and to go, eyes to look and to see, brains to think and to learn, hands to hold and to carry, and hearts that He knows.

God has ways He wants me to act, words He wants me to say, commitments He wants me to make, places He wants me to see, love He wants me to share, help He wants me to give, food He wants me to serve, money He wants me to contribute, places He wants me to go, visits He wants me to pay, times when He wants me listen, kindness He wants me to show.

One thing I know for sure: God always wants us to always seek His will.
 
There are occasions and situations that I don’t even give a thought as to what God’s will is.  Don’t even consider it.  Furtherst thing from my mind.  I’ll do what I shouldn’t or get too angry or say something stupid or act like jerk or... other stuff.  I have regrets and embarrassments and feel awful.  Sometimes, I’ll find myself all in a mess.  A big mess.  More often than I care to admit. I know better. Why?  Why didn’t I stop for a moment?  Why didn’t I question my actions beforehand?  I have what I call a ‘Christian’s Conscious’.  God gave it to me.  I just need to stop for a moment and listen.

I’m a sinner saved by grace.  I’m loved and forgiven.  Each day I can study His word.  It’s sitting right here.  Do I use it everyday?  How much time?  Do I pray?  Not just in the car or working outdoors, but deep in prayer for forgiveness and for needs and for praises and for direction...?  One more thing...

Seek His will in all you do

No comments: