Friday, July 19, 2013

the gift ~ reprise


Over the years, I’ve received some gifts that haven’t been easy to accept, maybe for my birthday, or perhaps for Christmas. The gifts may have been exceptionally generous, or undoubtedly pricey, or incredibly lavish. I’d feel tremendously appreciative and thankful, but lovely gifts such as these seemed too extravagant for someone to give to me!

That’s sort of how I think of God’s grace. I certainly don’t deserve this gift that God offers so freely, and I definitely haven’t done anything to earn it. I became a Christian because I have accepted this incredibly amazing gift of God’s grace. By faith, I received His grace and His salvation and His love and His mercy. It’s thru these gifts that I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes, thru faith, I’m saved by grace!

It’s wonderful - God’s grace is exceptionally, undoubtedly, incredibly, tremendously the best gift of all!


For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

Who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
2 Timothy 1:9 NIV

No comments: