Sunday, March 18, 2012

ungrateful?


I pray that I would never be so ungrateful and unthankful that I would
not stop and praise the One who healed me and who loved me unconditionally
and who died on a cross for me and who answered my prayers and
who performed miracles and who cared for me.

(based on Luke :11-19)
“I meant to go back, but you may guess
I was filled with amazement I cannot express
To think that after those horrible years,
That passion of loathing and passion of fears,
By sores unendurable–eaten, defiled–
My flesh was as smooth as the flesh of a child.
I was drunken with joy. I was crazy with glee;
I scarcely could walk and I scarcely could see.
For the dazzle of sunshine where all had been black;
But I meant to go back, Oh I mean to go back!
I had thought to return, when my people came out,
There were tears of rejoicing and laughter and shout;
My cup was so full I seemed nothing to lack–
But I meant to go back, Oh, I meant to go back!”
(Author unknown)

No comments: