Friday, March 30, 2012

reality check


I feel ashamed, and I should.  I can’t think of the appropriate word, ashamed just doesn’t do.

I was just walking thru the house complaining to myself and Callie.  Callie’s my pet cat, and she couldn’t care any less.  Anyway, I’m looking at all the laundry that needs washing and drying.  I see too much dust on the furniture and the two dust grabbers, the tv and this pc.  I don’t have the energy to get out the vacuum, but the floors are begging please.  Oh, and the bathroom needs scrubbing, I have to do that.  The kitchen floor needs sweeping and mopping.  Oh, and I have to run the dishwasher.

Whoa.............stop right there.

I don’t have to wash only two shirts and shorts in a brown watery creek and dry them in the sun.
(there’s no running water nor washer nor dryer nor Tide nor Downy nor electricity)

I don’t have to live and breathe in dust filled air. 
(there’s no windows nor door as such nor furniture nor tv nor pc nor electricity)

I don’t have to vacuum the floors in my tiny ‘house’. 
(there’s no carpet nor electricity) 

I don’t have to wash in that same brown watery creek. 
(there’s no running water nor tub nor shower nor sink nor toilet)
 
I don’t have to sweep much and I never have to mop. 
(there’s no need to sweep because the floors are dirt and you can’t mop dirt)

I don’t have to load and unload a dishwasher.  My few dishes are washed in the same brown watery creek. 
(there’s no cascade nor running water nor electricity) 

What have I got to complain about?  

No comments: