Tuesday, August 9, 2011

hummmmm...


During the day, while doing this and that and the other, I realize from time to time that I’m humming a song and ‘singing’ the lyrics in my thoughts.  Actually, a hymn.  Why these particular hymns, I don’t know.  I haven’t sung them in church for years and years and years.  I listen to contemporary Christian music, so it’s doubtful that I’ve heard them recently.  Evidently, they have been pulled from somewhere in my subconscious mind.  (It’s amazing what’s stored there.)

I made mental notes to remember what I hummed.  That didn’t work, so I did it the old school way:  paper and pencil.  This is but a small sampling:


Send the Light
There's a call comes ringing over the restless wave
"Send the light! Send the light!"
There are souls to rescue there are souls to save
Send the light! Send the light!

Holy Holy Holy
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Blessed Assurance
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.












Battle Hymn of The Republic
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,
He hath loosed the fateful lightening of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on.

Count Your Blessings
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

No comments: