Saturday, August 6, 2011

broken shell


The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 NAS

A dear lady from my church gave me a gift.  It was a book that held a special place in her heart, and she wanted to share it with me.  I’ve read this book many times, and it never fails to remind me of the hope and faith I have in God, and to feel His loving comfort.  I may be burdened, but He gives me rest.  I may be weak, but He gives me strength.  I may be hurting, but He gives me comfort.  I may be depressed, but He gives me hope.   

I may be broken, but I have the loving arms of my Lord holding me.


My Beautiful Broken Shell: Words of Hope to Refresh the Soul 
by Carol Hamblet Adams, D. Morgan (Illustrator)
‘Walking along a North Carolina beach one day, Carol Hamblet Adams picked up a scallop shell. It was broken. She threw it down. Then she picked it up again. In that moment, God spoke to her about her own brokeness, her own imperfections. The resulting reflections....’ 

*There are two other books by Carol Hamblet Adams that continue to speak of the rest and the hope and the healing touch of God: 
Waves of God's Healing: Finding Rest in the Storms of Life 
My Beautiful Sandcastle Moments: New Beginnings of Hope and Healing

No comments: