Friday, June 24, 2011

happy birthday son


On this day in 1982, I first met the baby boy I had carried for 9 1/2 months.  He was born at 12:45 am, weighed 8 lbs 6 oz, and was 20 7/8 long.  It was suddenly real, and I fell in love.

When we came home with him and settled in, I suddenly realized this darling baby was ours, and our responsibility.  I realized, literally, that I knew little about being a mom.  We learned by trial and error, made mistakes, had some successes, and felt more comfortable with what we were doing.

When I snuggled and held him close, I thought about him smiling and sitting and walking and talking and running and playing.  I wondered what he’d be like as he grew, what kind of man he’d become, and what he’d accomplish with his life.

As I rocked back and forth, I looked into my baby’s beautiful blue eyes, and never imagined he’d be the man he is today.  I couldn’t have known the special plans God had for him...

Happy Birthday, Son!  I love you!   

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thank you mom!