Thursday, April 14, 2011

Psalm 91:4

He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
Psalm 91:4 NAS

God covers me with His strong wings and feathers.  I’m comforted in the knowledge that I can rest safely and securely in His love.  He is my shelter, He is my protector, He is my defender, He is my assurance, He is my deliverer, He is my fortress.  God surrounds me with His love, He covers me with His armor, His promise is true, His faithfulness is great, His love is matchless, His love is divine.

This verse has special meaning to me. I’ve read it over and over and over again.  I hold each word close to my heart.  When I’m afraid, when I’m alone, when I’m empty, when I’m struggling, when I’m confused,  when I’m grieving, when I’m tired, when I’m insecure, when I have nothing more to give, I can hide in God. 

God is my precious hiding place.   

No comments: