Sunday, April 10, 2011

journey to joy - reprise

”May not a single moment of my life be spent outside the light, love, and joy of God's presence and not a moment without the entire surrender of my self as a vessel for Him to fill full of His Spirit and His love.” -Andrew Murray

My life. I can either be grateful for it, or grumble about it. I can be satisfied with what I have been given, or envy what others possess. Life is a journey that I can either tolerate or enjoy. I’d rather my life have J-O-Y.

My life. But, it’s not all about me. As a child, I learned that J-O-Y was Jesus 1st, Others 2nd, and You last. Jesus is the one, true source of everlasting joy. By giving my time and energy to others, I receive joy in return. I’d rather my life have J-O-Y.

My life. Because God lives within me, my joy may be eternal. Someone once said, “God made you for Himself, and it is only when you find His purpose for your life, that you will also find His peace and His joy in your life”. I’d rather my life have J-O-Y.

You reveal the path of life to me;
in Your presence is abundant joy;
in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.

(Psalm 16:11 The Holman Christian Standard Bible)

"I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.”
(John 15:11 The Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a J-O-Y filled post.
Hub