Friday, October 30, 2009

amazing love


You Are My King (Amazing Love)

I was driving home yesterday with the volume turned up. (‘CD 2, track 2’ may show some wear.) During the almost two hour drive, I played the same song over and over and over again. I want the words imprinted on my heart.

The lyrics speak of glory and honor, of praise and worship, of love and sacrifice, of grace and forgiveness, of encouragement and joy, of devotion and trust, of comfort and strength, of hope and peace.

And yes, the lyrics speak to me.

Why did my King die for me? For me? His is an amazing love. A love that is awesome and true.

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?*


*You are my King (Amazing Love) – various artists

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song too. It speaks to me. I love our time together.
Love Sissy