Monday, September 14, 2009

what is ‘quiet time’?


-->
It’s time set aside each day to spend alone with God. Him and me, alone.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,

And lead me in the everlasting way.
Psalm 139:23-24 NAS

As I begin each new day, my first priority should be quiet time with God. It should be an automatic habit, so much more than my first cup of coffee. I should consistently use an outline or a guide or a devotional book. They do help in keeping my mind focused. There are many ‘quiet time’ resources available, ranging from simple to very detailed.

Quiet time can be spent...
reading and studying the Word of God
listening to God
having prayer with God
feeling the presence of God
praising and worshiping God

It’s during these times I seek God’s will. It’s during these times when I gain strength from God. It’s during these times I’m prepared for service to God. It’s during these times when I have fellowship with God, when I ask for forgiveness, when I’m obedient, and I’m blessed, and grow, and learn and...

It’s during these times when God speaks to me.
This is God's time.

No comments: