Sunday, September 6, 2009

i am His child

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
1 John 3:1-2 NAS

I am His child. How invisibly minuscule I must be. I am but one in the midst of His vast creation, yet He knows me.

I am His child. How great and powerful and awesome He is. I am but one in the midst of many, yet He loves me.

I am a child of God. He is my Father in heaven, He is my Savior Jesus Christ, He is the Holy Spirit, He is my Lord and Shepherd, He is my King, He is the Lord God Almighty, He is my Everything. He is all I need.

The lyrics of the song “Child of God” are below. It expresses my feeling very well.

Child of God
(Words and Music by Noel and Kathryn Scott)

With every breath, with every thought
From what is seen to the deepest part
I offer all that I've come to be
To know your love fathering me

Father, You're all I need
My soul's sufficiency
My strength when I am weak
That love that carries me
Your arms enfold me, till I am only
A child of God

With every step on this journey's walk
And wisdom's songs that the soul has sought
I give myself unreservedly
To know Your love fathering me

No comments: