Thursday, July 30, 2009

qt


Quiet Time - Be Still and Listen

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8 NAS

I know I need to spend more time with God. Quiet time, time alone, just me and Him. Time spent studying the Bible, time spent praying, time spent listening. Quiet time, time alone, just me and Him.

I’ve always heard that mornings are best, but, I think anytime is okay. Just as long as I have a daily quiet time God. But, sometimes I don’t take the time. Why? I have plenty of time, yet sometimes I don’t spend that time alone with God? Why? The days I’ve missed, the days I’ve wasted?

Why? God created this world and God gave me life. He is the God of my salvation, He sacrificed His only Son to die for my sins, He sent the Holy Spirit to live within me, He gave me eternal life. And then there’s His power, His unconditional love, His gift of grace, His forgiveness, His blessings, His guidance, His protection, His Word, His provisions, His promises, His care, His presence, His glory, His Everything.

And I ask myself, why? Why do I let a day pass without quite time with God? Quiet time takes discipline, commitment, and devotion. Then why? Why do I ever miss my time of fellowship with God?

"Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instrument afterwards. Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him.”
~Hudson Taylor

No comments: