Tuesday, July 14, 2009

go tell......


-->
A few weeks ago, the teens at my church attended a ‘Go Tell’ camp. (http://www.gotellministries.com/about.htm) A number of them made a decision for Christ while at the camp. Their first Sunday back, they went forward at the invitation to share their decisions and commitments with the congregation. Most of the kids made a brief statement about their experience.

Several of the teens spoke about being saved as a child, and realized they hadn’t been saved, they were scared of going to hell.

That happened to me. My church was having a revival, and the visiting preacher spoke to the kids before one of the services. He really scared me. I was terrified of hell. I was six, and went thru the motions of being saved. But, I was afraid of hell. Some of the other kids may have understood, and made a genuine personal profession to Jesus, but not me.
-->.

I joined the church membership, I was baptized, and I was afraid of hell.

Years later, as a teenager, I truly accepted Jesus and asked Him into my heart. I asked to be forgiven of my sins, I was baptized again, and I was no longer afraid of hell.

Church membership doesn’t save you.
Being baptized doesn’t save you.
Only Jesus can save you.
I am no longer afraid of hell....

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

amen sister....I can relate to this post.