Thursday, August 7, 2014

inside looking outside



Carolina Wren juvenile
Carolina Wren juvenile

It’s a beautiful day!  I wish I could be outside enjoying nature.  But, I’m supposed to take it easy because I had my 13th and 14th spinal injections this morning.  Believe me, if these don’t work, I’ll scream.  Very loudly.

Anyway, I’m watching many birds that have just left the nest.  They are stink’n adorable.  A little Carolina Wren actually took a sand bath to fluff up its wings.  Then he flew to the deck rail, tucked in his feet, sat down, and rested for awhile.  Made me smile! 




Northern Cardinal juvenile
The Northern Cardinals are doing their paternal instinct thing. They get seeds in their beak, go to their not so patient fledglings, and let the babies pluck the seeds from their beaks.  So cute!

I’ve so enjoyed the hummingbirds.  It amazes me how they can beat those wings quickly and suspend in mid air.  They are nimble, they are quick, and their chirping is dainty.  Love them! 

Hummingbird
There have been a few Bluebird and Mockingbirds fledglings still sporting their spotted feathers.  I’ve seen a few juveniles looking nothing like the adult they soon will become.  I have no clue who they are.  One Carolina Chickadee still had some fuzzy feathers.  Could be he made an early exit.  Too sweet!

Eastern Tiger Swallow Tail


A yellow and a blue butterfly have made their way around and around and around the butterfly bush.  I love the little dancing thing they do.  Beautiful!


I could go on and on about the world outside my door.  But I’ll end this for now.  Our Creator is awesome!

Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!
Genesis 1:31 NLT

No comments: