Saturday, April 28, 2012

James 1:2-4


James is one of my favorite books in the Bible.  It teaches that a Christian’s faith is reflected in their behavior and that every Christian will have testing and trials and tribulations and temptations and that testing and trials and tribulations and temptations will grow a Christian’s faith and also teach patience.

I well know that my behavior doesn’t always reflect that I’m a Christian.  Do I live in a way that brings glory to God?  Not always.  I am a sinner.  But, no excuses allowed here.  I am called to totally commit myself and my life to Jesus.  God created me to live for His glory, to fulfill His purposes for me. What can I do to fulfill His purposes for me?  Don’t hide my light under a basket.  Stay on the course.  Keep my heart focused on the Word of God and focused in prayer.  And, to know my life is totally committed to God.

Now, what about the testing and trials and temptations and tribulations?  Honestly, sometimes it’s hard to take.  When I became a Christian, I knew I would continue to have these things in my life.  Actually, I face even more now than before accepting Christ as my Savior.  Why all the testing and trials and temptations and tribulations?  There are times I loose hope and times I want to give up and times I get angry and times I just want to be left alone and times I feel so sorry for me, me, me.  Why?  I’m selfish.  Just look around me.  What do I see?  People who need the Lord, and many, many who don’t know Jesus as their Savior.   

No comments: