Thursday, May 13, 2010

how often?

-->
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

Chorus - Word of God Speak
by MercyMe

These words encircled my mind yesterday.  Literally, around and around and around, again.  I hummed this song in Target in the household department.  I realized I was singing (softly, singing) it in the garden section at Lowe’s.  While unloading the flower and veggie plants from the car, I hummed it a tad on the loud side. Resting on the garden bench, yep, I was singing it again (and not so softly).

So, I figure if the song was stuck in my thoughts, there may be a reason why.

How often do I really, and without distraction, let God’s Word speak to my heart?  How often do I let it pour over my soul, so that I may see God?  How often do I pause and worship the majesty of God?  How often am I conscious of God’s presence every day in every place in every way?  How often do I sit and rest at the feet of His holiness?  How often? 

When I’m still, and know that He is God!

"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalm 46:10 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should "sing" so others can hear us...ms