Thursday, November 19, 2009

pause ‘n ponder


-->
the path...

(I’m not a writer and I tend to ramble, ramble. I just reread this post, and I have not the first idea on how to tie all this together. But, here goes...)

Sometimes I don’t know where I’ve been, sometimes I don’t know where I am, and sometimes I don’t know where I’m going. I may have fallen from a cliff. I may have tripped and landed in briars. I may have slipped in some mud. I may have not paid attention. I may have wondered from the path.

What is this path I’m walking? It can be rutted and beautiful and uneven and steady and rocky and smooth and bumpy and bright and shaky and rugged and hard and rough and fragile and tough. It doesn’t matter what I face on my path, I’m following and walking with Jesus.

It is difficult. But, I chose to follow the narrow path when I asked Jesus into my life. And, Jesus never, ever leaves my side. He promised.

Just read these three verses:

have faith in the straight path
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

follow the brilliant path
the path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18 NIV

pursue the secure path
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
Proverbs 4:26 NIV

1 comment:

Andrew said...

good words