Tuesday, June 30, 2009

hear and listen


-->hearing from God isn't so much a matter of if He's talking, but rather, whether we're listening
When I pray, do I expect God to hear?
When I pray, do I expect God to listen?

Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth.
-->
Psalm 54:2 NIV

When God speaks, do I hear?
When God speaks, do I listen?

For God does speak, now one way,
now another, though man may not perceive it.
Job 33:14 NIV
These are just a few items on my ‘hear and listen’ list:
  • His Word
  • the Holy Spirit
  • circumstances
  • my prayers
  • nature
  • my thoughts
  • His peace
  • my conscience
  • music and songs
-->
  • conversations with others
  • Can anyone add to this list?

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    How about a child's (or senior's)smile? You can hear a lot from that! Love Mary W