Thursday, March 1, 2018

trials and tribulations


 I've recently been studying trials.  Especially in the book of James. Mainly these four verses:

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5 NAS

*Struggles can bring sadness, but there is joy in surmounting each one.

*The Bible assures us that 'various kinds of trials' are not without purpose.

*God is the Potter and we are the clay.  He wants to mold, shape, and transform us into godly, righteous, and holy saints. But this shaping, molding, and transformation process can be a very painful process at times. And at times, a certain amount of adversity and conflict is what God will use to help shape, mold, and transform us.

I can understand trials, yet I can't understand trials.  I know, that makes no sense whatsoever.  Trials  make me feel powerless.  Trials and tribulations will either make me or break me in my own personal walk with the Lord.  I have to totally depend on God.  I need God’s help and guidance to make it through this life in one piece.

No comments: