Saturday, June 2, 2012

believe, believe, believe


As the sky fades into the peaceful darkness of the night, I believe I’ll see the moon and stars.  I believe the darkness will softly give way to the bright morning light.  I believe there will be dazzling sunrises and breathtaking sunsets.  I believe there will be nights and days of joy and love and peace and kindness.  I believe there will be nights and days of sorrow and hate and terror and cruelty.  

I believe life is both dark and light.  I believe life is both bad and good.  I believe life has both an ending and a beginning.  I believe life has both hatred and love.  I believe life has both wars and peace.  I believe there is a hell and there is heaven.  I believe there is a devil and there is God.

Anyone can say they believe there is a God. That doesn’t mean they believe in God!  There is a world of difference (literally) between a and in God!  To believe in God is to turn away from your sins, to believe Jesus died and rose again to pay for your sins, to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, and turn your life over to Him.**

Yes. I believe. I believe God is in control of the nights and days, the sun and the moon, of death and of life.

**"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26 NIV

and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Mark 1:15 NAS

No comments: