Sunday, January 25, 2009

yet, Yet, YET

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19 NIV

I wonder how often the book of Habakkuk is read...

Get this: there isn’t anything good happening here. We’re talking about food, we’re talking about animals, we’re talking about some bad problems. No grape jelly, no oil, no veggies, no wool, no hamburger, no cheddar cheese, no 1% milk... Ouch, that hurts!

But, even with all these disasters, Habakkuk says “Yet”. Yet what? Yet I will? Yet I will what? “Yet I will rejoice in the Lord!” Wow! That’s like a good attitude.

I’ve been reminded that whatever happens in my life, be it wonderful, or be it horrible, I should rejoice. Rejoice in my Lord!

I’ve also been reminded that I think ‘Habakkuk” is a cool name.

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

We all need this reminder!