Friday, November 7, 2008

on your mark, get ready, get set, go shop


-->
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. (1 Peter 3:8 NIV)

Today was triple coupon day at the grocery store! Of course, I had to park very far away. In the parking lot, I didn’t hear rude car horns or fighting over empty spaces. I optimistically expected that. Were we breaking fire department maximum capacity codes? The aisles were congested with traffic, resulting in numerous traffic jams. I certainly expected that. The vast majority of shoppers were very kind and helpful. I witnessed patience and understanding towards one another. I reasonably expected that. We were all there for the same purpose. Sort of like ‘I hope you save as much as I save.’ I witnessed taller persons offering to reach items for shorter persons. (One of the shorter persons would be me.) One young lady offered her extra coupons to shoppers looking at the same product. (One of those shoppers would be me.) While making my way up and down the aisles, here and there I noticed coupons left on shelves for someone else’s use. For the most part, the shopping trip was an exercise in total politeness. Yes, I expected that too.

I was pleased of the savings. Total coupons tendered: $54.50. Total balance due: $49.11. That’s an 11% difference! You gotta love it!

One more thing. As I pushed my full cart thru the parking lot, I witnessed not one, but two persons independently trying to help a fellow shopper not feel so stupid. It seems like someone didn’t remember where they had parked. Oh, the one who had a lost car? That would be me.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Haha! I am glad someone helped you find your car!