Thursday, October 30, 2008

i doubt anyone really wants to know this, but...


-->
This week, I emptied hubby’s coffee can – his spare change coffee can. I dumped the coins into a gallon size Ziploc bag and put it on the scales. I put the 17 pounds of coins into a cloth tote bag and carried (sometimes dragging) my load into the friendly neighborhood financial institution. They have the neatest coin counting machine. And to think of all the coins I have counted and wrapped in the past. Anyway, about three quarters of the way thru, one section became full. After the nice lady cleared out more space, I finished feeding the coins. I could see the running total as I went, and I admit I was rather surprised. After the receipt printed, I took it to the counter for deposit. Here’s the breakdown:
Penny 673
$ 6.73
Nickel 254

12.70
Dime 520

52.00
Quarter 635

158.75





Total 2,082
$ 230.18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 17 lbs is impressive