Monday, July 28, 2008

don’t waste it


It had been there for awhile, but I can’t say for just how long. It was hidden from my view, and I didn’t know where to look. I found it covered under leaves, but by then it was too late. I couldn’t use it anymore, and had to throw it in the waste.

I didn’t see the cucumber until it was too large and very bitter. Maybe if I hadn’t been tired, I could have looked longer. Maybe if I looked harder, I could have found it in time. Maybe if I looked sooner, it wouldn’t have been wasted. I didn’t want to throw it out, but I had waited too long.

Sometimes I’d rather hide than do what God expects of me. And, sometimes it may be too late and I would waste an opportunity God had set before me. And, I may never get another chance if I don’t do what God wants me to do, when God wants me to do, how God wants me to do, and where God wants me to do.

I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 The Holman Christian Standard Bible
So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don't give up.

Galatians 6:9 The Holman Christian Standard Bible


No comments: